Tuesday 18 May 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to the Popular Biology blog. After reading through Science, a very well-known scientific journal, yesterday the idea of this blog was born. Too much interesting, mind-boggling research is lost in the abyss of scientific journals where no-one else but the scientists can reach them, or care to look for them for that matter. There is much to discover out there and you’d be surprised how much has already been researched, if somebody bothered to tell you.

I do not hold the illusion I am able to bring you all the latest in science, especially sciences not related to my field and I definitely don’t think I am the only one trying to. There is a whole host of popular scientific magazines, TV-channels, blogs, internet sites, newspaper sections and books in existence that all shine their lights on science. I aspire to be a part of that and passionately feel I have a responsibility as a scientist to do so. As a curious person though, I reckon it is simply entertaining to let nature amaze you time and time again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment